Today’s card is for a very special dad…mine. Yesterday he celebrated his 77th birthday and of course, I made a card for him. This man has not retired yet and is still going strong. He amazes me!
Happy birthday to my wonderful dad!
With Father’s Day coming up, this card can be easily changed up to work for that occasion. How about switching out the birthday sentiment for something more like…you’re the best or the standard, Happy Father’s Day?
Here’s a few tips I have…
- use a dark background
- add texture for interest
- use masculine colors: blues, greens, browns, red
- geometric and grid prints work well
- go bold with a focal point
- metal and hardware make perfect accents
- chipboard letters are quickly colored with Copic Markers
- a paint dabber adds acrylic paint to the button and it’s sanded once dry for distressing
- stamping on linen is easy with Archival Inks
- the ledger transparency is a retired product from Maya Road…sorry it’s no longer available
- the button and other heavy embellishments are adhered using a hot glue gun
- oops! forgot to include the stamp set below…the stamp is from the Hero Arts Cleardesign: It’s Your Day stamp set
Have a creative day!