Hello, and welcome to the Winter 2015 Essentials by Ellen Release Hop! I’ll be showcasing several of the new stamp sets and dies on my post today! I honestly could not be more excited as this release is just as good as the last, and that first one was AMAZING!
First up I’m sharing this card featuring the Bold Blooms stamp set and the Bold Blossoms Stand-Along Die set. I love both these sets! They are a perfect pairing and I can think of so many wonderful uses for them both. They are perfect for spring but translate well into projects throughout the year.
I came up with an easy technique idea for this card design. My first idea was to use the beautiful die cuts as a stencil for the less obvious spin on the dies. Instead I decided to combine both into a technique which I’ve called Layered Stencil Die-cuts. I love the soft color and dimension it adds to simple white die-cuts.
Layered Stencil Die-cuts Technique:
- Die cut images and arrange on white cardstock layer.
- Coat reverse side of die cuts with removable adhesive and adhere to white cardstock.
- Sponge die cuts with ink to create stencil background.
- Remove die cuts from background.
- Using 3D foam adhesive adhere the die-cuts back onto the layer, off-setting them to show off the stenciling beneath.
The second design I have to share with you today features the Diagonal Window Die and the Hello Gorgeous Stamp Set. Julie Ebersole has designed all the beautiful sets releasing today and her fabulous unique style is seen in them all. I’ve been a huge fan of Julie’s work for years. She was my first “design crush” and I was thrilled to finally meet her last month in Anaheim at CHA. Julie is know for her interactive designs and she brings that to use in her new dies. It’s very exciting as it’s the first time I’ve seen this concept introduced in die cutting and I’m afraid I don’t have Julie’s patience to create all those windows! Thanks Julie!
The Diagonal Window die was used to die cut the vellum layer on this card design. I decided to create a pocket on the front of this card. I trimmed off the top flap after stitching the vellum to my card front layers.There’s little holes at the center of this die cut and I’ve tied the three remaining flaps together to form the pocket. I’m totally loving the vellum and gold trends that have returned and this stamp set lends itself to lots of sparkle and shine.
And, yay!!! I also get to give this new stamp set, called Bold Blooms to a lucky someone! Isn’t it gorgeous?! Please leave a comment to enter my giveaway! Please leave a comment by March 2nd. I’ll be randomly choosing a winner from the comments that day. Winner will be announced March 4th.
Please note: This blog template can be a little tricky to find where to comment. The links to comments are found at the top by the title or click on this link to be taken to the full post page. Comments will be at the bottom.
Here’s the full release. I LOVE every single item on it!
There is also a Grand Giveaway in the CLASSroom! To enter, be sure to leave a comment there, and at every stop along the hop by March 2nd; winners will be announced March 4th!
- The CLASSroom – http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_classroom_new/
- Sandy Allnock – http://sandyallnock.com/
- Teri Anderson – https://terisplace.wordpress.com/
- Laurel Beard – http://www.laurelbeard.org/
- Heather Campbell – http://parkermolly.blogspot.com/
- Kittie Caracciolo – http://www.kittiekraft.com/
- Sharon Harnist – http://paperfections.typepad.com/
- Broni Holcombe – http://bronih.typepad.com/
- Nichol Magouirk – http://nicholmagouirk.typepad.com/
- Jean Manis – http://jeanmanis.com/
- Jennifer McGuire – http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/
- Donna Mikasa – http://3umbrellas.blogspot.com/2015/02/essentials-by-ellen-winter-release-2015.html
- Chari Moss – http://www.mossymade.com/
- Catherine Pooler – http://www.catherinepooler.com/blog/
- Miriam Prantner – http://mprantner.blogspot.com/
- Julia Stainton – http://juliastainton.com/blog/ *you are here*
- Carissa Wiley – http://www.sprinkledwithglitter.com/
Thanks for joining us today for the Winter 2015 Essentials by Ellen Release Blog Hop! Be sure to take the time to comment on all the stops along the way to increase your chances of winning some fabulous new stamps or dies!