Hello! Welcome to the Spring 2015 Essentials by Ellen Release Hop! I’ll be showcasing several of the new stamp sets and dies on my post today! I honestly could not be more excited as this release is just as good as the last, and the first two were AMAZING! Julie Ebersole has designed all the beautiful sets releasing today and her fabulous unique style is seen in them all.
First up I’m sharing this card featuring the Bohemian Garden Designer Dies. Of course I just had to combine it with the corresponding Bohemian Garden Stamp Set as they are absolutely gorgeous together!
This card focuses on the simple beauty of the stamps and dies and they layer together. The easiest way to use stamps and dies together is to first stamp the image and allow it to dry. Then place your die exactly where you want it to cut. I like to place a piece of washi tape over the die to secure it and prevent it from slipping out of place during the die cutting process. The washi tape is easy to remove once you have cut out your stamped image. I’ve arranged the beautiful floral images behind a large punched circle. One of my favorite dies from this release is the Be-YOU-Tiful Designer Die that I’ve simply die cut from Robin’s Egg cardstock and adhered over the punched circle. To finish off my project I decided to try out the Faber-Castell Ice Texture Gems. They are a great way to add dots of shine to your project. I love how well each dot self-levelled to look like little gems.
The second design I have to share with you today features the Amazing Women stamp set. This is such an amazing stamp set! The script is beautiful and so are the words. I love creating cards but I find the hardest thing for me is deciding what to say. This set makes it so easy! This card design is going out to my beautiful daughter. I can’t wait to see her again this weekend!
For this card I’ve once again kept it simple and just went with simple stamping. I love the chalkboard look and the white pigment ink looks amazing on the black cardstock. To add layers of interest to the design, I’ve sponged white pigment ink over a Lace Stencil (project supply list at the end of the post) to add to the feminine look. I’ve been wanting to use some metal Adornments on a project. I love the metal look but it didn’t pop enough on the black so I changed it up and altered the metal accent with white gesso.
Quick Tip: Heat set your pigment ink with a heat gun to prevent it from smearing.
And, yay!!! I also get to give this new stamp set, called Amazing Women to a lucky someone! Isn’t it gorgeous?! We all have some amazing women in our lives. This set is perfect for giving them the recognition they deserve. Please leave a comment to enter my giveaway! Please leave a comment by May 5th. I’ll be randomly choosing a winner from the comments that day. Winner will be announced May 8th.
Please note: This blog template can be a little tricky to find where to comment. The links to comments are found at the top by the title or click on this link to be taken to the full post page. Comments will be at the bottom.
Here’s the full release. I LOVE every single item on it!
The fun begins in the CLASSroom and there is also a Grand Giveaway! To enter, be sure to leave a comment there, and at every stop along the hop by May 5th! Winners will be announced May 8th.
- —>The CLASSroom – http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_classroom_new/ <—
- Lisa Adametz – http://papergrace.com/
- Sandy Allnock – http://sandyallnock.com/
- Joni Nina Andaya – http://jonininaandaya.blogspot.com/
- Joan Bardee – http://www.dearpaperlicious.com/
- Laurel Beard – http://www.laurelbeard.org/
- Heather Campbell – http://parkermolly.blogspot.com/
- Kittie Caracciolo – http://www.kittiekraft.com/
- Julie Ebersole – http://papertrufflez.com/
- Sharon Harnist – http://paperfections.typepad.com/
- Pamela Ho – https://fishydesign.wordpress.com/
- Tiffany Johnson – http://iheartartblog.com/
- Emily Leiphart – http://leiphartonart.blogspot.com/
- Jennifer McGuire – http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/
- May Park – https://mayholicraft.wordpress.com/
- Catherine Pooler – http://www.catherinepooler.com/blog/
- Miriam Prantner – http://mprantner.blogspot.com/
- Heather Pulvirenti – http://heatherpulvirenti.blogspot.com/
- Julia Stainton – http://juliastainton.com/blog/ * you are here *
- Alice Wertz – http://aliceslittlewonderland.blogspot.com/
- Carissa Wiley – http://www.sprinkledwithglitter.com/
Thanks for joining us today for the Spring 2015 Essentials by Ellen Release Blog Hop! Be sure to take the time to comment on all the stops along the way to increase your chances of winning some fabulous new stamps or dies!