Did you know that roses and actually, all flowers can say more than just that someone loves you or is thinking of you? Color always means a lot in terms of design and mood but flowers have a message all their own. In fact, in Victorian times, you could have an entire conversation just by sending flowers. Today I’m all about yellow and its gorgeous sunny hues. In the past yellow roses meant jealousy but in current times, I’m happy to say they mean friendship, joy and caring. Now that’s a change for the better!
Today’s sketch challenge is from MFT Stamps and if you’d like to hastag it or tag it, it is MFTWSC269. Sketches are the perfect place to jump-start your creativity. You can find them all here on the MFT Challenge Blog. I’ve turned this sketch 90° to the left and then flipped it for the reverse/mirror image. Sketches can be flipped or turn a myriad of ways and they are all fun to explore!
The color combo and the roses on this design were inspired by real life. My sweet son and daughter-in-law bought me the most gorgeous yellow roses at Valentines. As I put them on the sideboard in my dining room I was struck with how gorgeous they looked with an aqua colored table runner. I was trying to figure out how to embed the Instagram photo here to show you the inspiration but the technical know-how seems to be evading me at the moment. I do however have an Instagram feed in the right sidebar of the blog so if you’re reading this on a computer, you should be able to find it there. It scrolls through the latest images. If you love Instagram and don’t already follow me, feel free to do so here!
- I adore rolled roses and the highlight of this design is created using the Rolled Scalloped Rose Die-namics. They embellish the main rectangular section of the sketch layout.
- The MFT Stamps STAX and frames dies all work together seamlessly. If you purchase a few different sets, you will always be able to mix and match them.
- To create the rectangle layers I paired up the Pierced Rectangle Frames Die-namics with the Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle STAX.
- Stencils create STUNNING backgrounds! This one is created by sponging Sunshine Yellow Dye Ink through the Concentric Circle Grid Stencil.
- The Whimsical Greetings Stamp Set is full of absolutely fabulous and unique sentiments. I’m not sure about you but I’m a little tired of stamping hello or thanks on every single card.
Ready to join us for some creative sketch fun? Stop by the MFT STamps Card Challenges blog! I know you’ll be inspired to play along!