Gold always adds that little splash of magic doesn’t it?
I love adding little touches of gold to my designs. That lovely warm shimmer always looks so enticing and it certainly adds to the romance of the mermaid. I’m loving this gorgeous new stamp set from Ellen Hutson LLC. It’s another fabulicious stamp set by Julie Ebersole and such a fun spin on the mermaid. All you need to see is that lovely tail and you instantly know what it is. This brand new stamp set is called Mermaid’s Tale and there is a coordinating Mermaid’s Tale die set to go with it as well. It’s all part of the latest stunning release from the Essentials by Ellen line that I know you’re going to love.
Haven’t seen it yet?
Here’s the FULL release!
I’ve used lots of watercoloring in this design as watercolor for a watery scene just seems pretty intuitive right? The looseness of watercolor always ends with a beautiful multi-toned look.
- image and sentiment are stamped on watercolor paper…the less porous side
- the scales and tail on the mermaid are watercolored in with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I LOVE these for getting the details just right in tight spaces!
- the tail is colored in with three shades of blue Zig markers for a gradient effect
- gold watercolors?! YES! They add in gorgeous shimmery detail!
- adding a strip of gold foil paper to the bottom of the design not only adds a splash of gold, but it also helps anchor the design
Quick Tip: I love using my Misti for stamping sentiments and detailed images but especially on watercolor paper. It can be difficult to get a good crisp image on this porous and texture paper. The Misti allows you to reink your image and stamp it again with perfect placement!
Ready for more creative inspiration from this release? Be sure to stop by the CLASSroom at Ellen Hutson LLC to check it all out!